Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Origins of Happiness

So, as I thought about going to see Lucy, my long lost relative and the origin of humankind (refer to the last entry), I've been thinking about the origins of happiness. What made Lucy happy? My lack of knowledge about humans in that time period makes it hard to imagine what made her happy. However, in such a primal state, I would guess that having safety, food, and shelter for herself and her young was what made her happy. But as humans have evolved, we have developed other ways of finding happiness once our basic needs are met.

"I believe that satisfaction, joy and happiness are the ultimate purposes of life. And the basic sources of happiness are a good heart, compassion, and love." The Dalai Lama

2 comments:

Kindyland said...

Hi, I just found your blog...not sure how. But it's interesting. :) I'm a psych major at Argosy (long way from my degree) after deciding that court reporting wasn't REALLY what I wanted to do. Anyway, I live in Georgia...just wanted to say hi.

Kindy

Morninglady said...

Hi, I found your blog through chrysalisdreams.blogspot.com. I took your test about relationships and found I'm very satisfied in mine. Your blog is seet, like a chat with a friend. I posted about the quote on the blog I've started at mymorningmuse.blogspot.com.